Sunday, June 14, 2009

Depending on God



Earlier this week a good friend of mine from church emailed me, asking if I would rap at church this weekend. Now my church is very diverse in culture and it would be a culture shock for me to rap at the weekend services. I thought to myself.... He's crazy! No Way!! But with fear in my voice I told him I would be down to do it. This week was the most fearful, anxious week I think I've ever had. God put me in a position where I was force to lean on him and trust him. The picture above was took when I walked out on to the stage with my friend Luke and he introduced me. I was praying in my mind that things would work out. I couldn't believe what I was doing! At that moment all eyes were on me and, God had to show up for this to be a success. So........ As Luke walked off of stage and the instrumental to Be Patient came on and instantly I felt like I had authority on stage and the performance came out fantastic. I truly had to depend on God to allow his people to hear a new song with the same message as any other worship song just a different style. So my advice to anyone who is or will be put in a position to depend on God, HE WONT LET YOU DOWN!! Love you all

Griff

No comments:

Post a Comment